In this session, the components that can be connected to the ARDUINO are discussed. Different types of modules and the basic components are briefly discussed.
The Voltage Regulator is an electronic component that regulates the constant voltage in the circuit.
- 78XX is a series of voltage regulator that can regulate the voltage across the electronic circuits. It can be connected to the ARDUINO development board and can be programmed easily. It is an Integrated Circuit and fixed linear voltage regulator.
- XX stands for different types of voltages.
- It is designed for 5V, 9V, 10V, 12V, 24V.
- It is obtained at a low cost and easy to use.
- It contains three pins.
- INPUT, GROUND, OUTPUT Pins.
Motor Driver (L298N):
Motor Driver is an important electronic component that can be connected to the ARDUINO and other development boards. This can be used to run the motors, adjust the speed of the motors and direction of rotation of the motors. It is mainly used in autonomous robotics projects.
- It works like an amplifier.
- It converts low current control signal into high current control signal, which drives the rotation of the motor.
- It works on the H-Bridge principle.
- One motor driver can run upto DC two motors.
- It can drive the motors of the voltage between 5V to 46V.
- It can give maximum output current upto 4 Amps.
This motor driver consists of a Heat Sink, which protects the entire motor driver when high fluctuated voltages are supplied to it. Moreover, it protects when there is overload to this motor driver and excess heat is dissipated from the Heat Sink.
Bluetooth Module (HC-05):
Bluetooth Module is commonly known as HC-05 .It is designed for wireless serial communication. It is mainly used in autonomous robotics projects. Once this module is connected to the mobile, it can be controlled by the Bluetooth communication.
- It works with the supply voltage between 3.6V to 6V.
- It works only with DC voltages.
- It consists of six pins.
- STATUS, RXD, TXD, GND, VCC and ENABLE pins.
- It works in the range of 200 meters.
- Baud rate of this module is about 9600 to support serial communication.
- Operating current of this Bluetooth module is about 30 mA
This Bluetooth module can be easily interfaced with the laptops and mobiles to undergo serial communication and transfer the data.
This is another electronic component that can be connected to the ARDUINO and it is used for wireless communication. This component is also used in autonomous robotic projects.
- The operating voltage of this module is 3.3V
- The range upto which this module can communicate is between 50 – 200 feet.
- The type of communication this module can function is SPI(Serial Peripheral Interface).
- The operating current of this module is about 250 mA.
- It contains eight pins.
- VCC, GROUND, CE, CSN, SCK, MOSI, MISO, and IRQ pins.
- It is a very less cost of wireless communication.
- The advantageous feature of this module over the Bluetooth module is that this module can send or receive data.
This wifi module is commonly known as ESP8266 wifi module. It is mainly used to establish wireless communication and to transfer data.
- It contains eight number of pins.
- VCC, GROUND, RST, EN, TX, RX, GPIO0, GPIO2.
- This module will undergo serial communication with the system to transfer the data.
- This module can be used in different applications of IOT.
- This module contains 64KB ROM and 96KB RAM.
- This module is mainly used in robotic projects that establish wireless communication to transfer the data.
This module is the low-cost component to establish wireless communication and this component can communicate to the range of 500 meters. Different wifi modules are designed based on this ESP8266 to overcome the problems that are being faced with the ESP2866.
Relay is another electronic component that can be connected to the ARDUINO and can be programmed accordingly to perform the tasks assigned to it.
Relay can be used like switch to perform the ON and OFF task according to the program developed to it.
- A Motor Driver can be replaced by a Relay to perform the motion of the motors.
- A single Relay can control one set of motors.
- There are different types of Relay and they are used according to their application in the required field.
- The relay had acquired its name from the relay that is used by an athlete.
- Relay get the information and perform the operation like a switch.
There are many components that can be connected to the ARDUINO.
The above components discussed are the basic and important modules. There are different types of sensors and motors that can be connected to the ARDUINO. They are specifically discussed in the upcoming blogs.
The given information in this blog is the basic information and it involves the components that can be connected to the ARDUINO and can be used in autonomous robotic projects. In the upcoming blogs, the above-discussed components are briefly described with programming and interfacing with ARDUINO.